Location: Monash Medical Centre Moorabbin
823 - 865 Centre Road
East Bentleigh,. Vic, 3165
03 9928 8541
03 9928 8624
Connecting cancer care, driving best practice and improving patient outcomes.
SMICS and Monash Comprehensive Cancer Consortia have a shared governance council which has representation from the CEOs of the four memberhealthservices, Monash University and the two associated research institutes. This council guides SMICS in its strategic endeavour. SMICS also has a management committee chaired on rotation by the CEOs and has senior management and lead clinician representation. This group is responsible for the operational management and project facilitation within each of the health services. Additional support is provided through the SMICS Supportive Care Advisory Group.
Alfred Health, Cabrini Health, Peninsula Health and Southern Health will work together to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer in souther Melbourne and beyond.
- Cancer services will be population-focussed
- Individuals will have access to a full range of cancer services (prevention screening, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, supportive care and palliative care)
- Referral pathways will be clearly defined
- Care will be multidisciplinary and coordinated
- Service planning will support a critical mass of expertise and leadership to promote quality cancer care